July Featured Winners
It’s time to announce the winners of GolfStatus’s Summer Version of our Private Club Stay & Play Sweepstakes. If you recall from our initial announcement, we randomly selected three winners from the entries collected over the past few months. These winners will get to choose a Stay & Play package for up to four individuals, at one of three exclusive private clubs throughout the country:
- ArborLinks Golf Club is an Arnold Palmer Signature masterpiece, and one of Golf Digest’s top courses in Nebraska. www.ArborLinks.com
- Ballyhack Golf Club is a Golf Digest top 200 golf course and world-class golf destination located in Roanoke, Virginia. www.BallyhackGolfClub.com
- Briggs Ranch Golf Club was designed by Tom Fazio, located in San Antonio, Texas, and consistently ranks as one of the best courses in the state. www.BriggsGolf.com
And without further ado, the winners are: Eric French, Justin Kemp and Daniel Knapp. Congratulations, gentlemen. We look forward to hearing which course you will choose…
The end of our Stay & Play Sweepstakes marks the beginning of another big reward opportunity for our users: The Personalized Bag Tag Giveaway. Each user who posts a personal best from August 1, 2017, through September 15, 2017, is eligible to win a custom engraved GolfStatus Bag Tag. These bag tags will be hand-engraved with each winning user’s name. We will randomly select 20 winners from the eligible entries on September 16, 2017, and announce the winners shortly thereafter. Play hard, go low, and as always, keep a look out for perks and rewards from GolfStatus and our partner brands and courses. There are many – here are just a few:
Justin Hines was the GolfStatus Points Leaderboard winner (randomly selected from the top 10 finishers in July). Justin will receive his choice of a GolfStatus polo shirt or a sleeve of Titleist Pro V1s.
Joshua Boggs was the GolfStatus Check-In Leaderboard winner (randomly selected from the top 10 finishers in July). Joshua will receive his choice of a GolfStatus polo shirt or a sleeve of Titleist Pro V1s.
Ethan Price and Jeff Rush were randomly selected as winners of the GolfStatus Polo Sweepstakes. They will both be receiving a GolfStatus Nike Dri-FIT polo. Trust us, they are pretty awesome.
Featured Partner Course/Brand Rewards
Each month we feature some of the rewards our partner courses and brands are providing to golfers through GolfStatus. This week, we’ll highlight some of the rewards Jackrabbit Run Golf Course is running in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Jackrabbit currently has 13 different GolfStatus rewards campaigns running for golfers at their course. These campaigns feature prizes like Mizuno golf umbrellas, free cart rentals, free range balls, free custom club cleaning brushes, exclusive discounts on apparel, and exclusive discounts on golf equipment. Golfers can win items instantly, or via a sweepstakes like Ann Foster, who won a Free 9-Hole Cart Rental, a sweepstakes reward Jackrabbit delivers weekly. If you happen to be in central Nebraska, be sure to play at Jackrabbit and use GolfStatus for a chance to win some of these great rewards.
Moving on to some important tech updates. Our dev team has been working hard to roll out new features, fix bugs, and make the app even more responsive and reliable. Last week, we rolled out GolfStatus Version 5.1. Here are some of the new features worth checking out:
- For tournament organizers, you can now create custom events on GolfStatus and run event-specific reward campaigns. These event-specific features make golf more fun and enjoyable.
- Deep-linked course locations in Facebook, allowing for easy tagging when sharing rounds or check-ins to Facebook.
- Users that prefer Facebook Login can now automatically pull in their Facebook image for a profile avatar on GolfStatus.
- A new, more visible notifications icon.
- New settings functionality, including the ability to control notifications, and the type of distance metrics used in the app.
- Android users now have advanced friend invite functionality, just like iOS users. Invite friends via contacts, Facebook or SMS.
As a reminder, we’re always here to help; feel free to contact us directly through the app with any questions or concerns right from the “Help” button on the “Settings” screen.